Terms & Conditions
Bookings are conditional upon acceptance of the following Payment and Cancellation policy and Assumption of Risk, and/or signing a “Hire of Equipment Form – Canoe Adventures. Assumption of Risk Signature Form”.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
- Bookings during peak seasons require payment in full to confirm booking.
- Cancellation 7 days or more prior to hire/tour is fully refundable, less the booking fee, if booking online.
- Cancellation between 7 days and 24 hours prior to hire/tour is partially refundable.
- Cancellation within 24 hours of hire/tour is not refundable.
- Cancellation by Canoe Adventures for operational or safety reasons (eg adverse weather conditions) is fully refundable, less the booking fee, if booking online.
- If groups arrive with fewer people than booked, standard non-group rates will apply.
HIRE OF EQUIPMENT FROM CANOE ADVENTURES – ASSUMPTION OF RISK
NOTE : Section 74 of the Trade Practices Act (“the Act”) implies a warranty of due care and skill into contracts for the supply of services to consumers, as defined in the Act. To the extent that the warranty applies to any contact relevant to the Release and Waiver of liability, it cannot be excluded.
HIRE CRAFT ARE ONLY TO BE USED IN CALM CONDITIONS ON RIVER AND LAKES AND PROTECTED INSHORE WATERS.
- The CUSTOMER must disclose any pre-existing medical or other condition that may affect the risk that either the CUSTOMER or any other person will suffer injury, loss or damage.
- The CUSTOMER agrees to keep the hired equipment in safe custody and acknowledges that the PROPRIETOR can claim the replacement cost of the hired equipment if lost or stolen whilst within the hire period.
- The CUSTOMER agrees to ensure at all times that the equipment is used in a fit and proper manner so as to ensure that the equipment is not damaged during the hire period. Normal wear and tear is excepted.
- The CUSTOMER accepts all risks associated with the activity, including the possibility of injury, death, loss or damage.
- The CUSTOMER acknowledges that the PROPRIETOR relies on the information provided by the CUSTOMER and the CUSTOMER states that all such information is accurate and complete.
- The CUSTOMER agrees to indemnify the PROPRIETOR against all claims made by any other person against the PROPRIETOR in respect to any injury, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the CUSTOMER’s failure to comply with the PROPRIETOR’S rules and/or directions.
- The CUSTOMER agrees and acknowledges that, to the extent permitted by law, the PROPRIETOR shall not be liable for any injury, loss or damage suffered by the CUSTOMER or by any other person arising from or in connection with the CUSTOMER’S participation in the activity, or hire of equipment whether such injury, loss or damage was caused directly or indirectly by the negligence of the PROPRIETOR or otherwise, or by the PROPRIETOR’S servants or agents. The CUSTOMER hearby releases the PROPRIETOR from all such claims and indemnifies the PROPRIETOR against all claims made by or on behalf or any other person.
- All accidents, injuries, loss or damage must be reported by the CUSTOMER to the PROPRIETOR before the customer leaves the PROPRIETOR’S property or at the conclusion of the hire period.
- The CUSTOMER agrees to obey all Laws of Australia governing the use of the hired equipment and ensure that they are used in accordance with guidelines published from time to time.