How can I have fun during a pandemic? How can I do #socialdistancing and still enjoy some recreation time, with most venues closed?
In the Riverland we are ideally situated to escape to nature, clear our heads and let the solitude and normality of the outdoors permeate our soul.
- Because the solitude and calm give us boundless space to refresh ourselves.
- Because activities like kayaking make social distancing easy, without that mind-stress of maintaining that artificial space we are placing between ourselves.
- Because nature carries on, in its calm and orderly way, paying no heed to our virus stresses, and what a refreshing thing that is!
It’s a great time to explore new areas.
Or, if you’re coming to Berri, let us set you up to explore some of our local trails – kayaks, pfds, maps and directions included – along with cleaned kayaks, and the ability to get you going, without encroaching on your personal space.
Self-guided hire - how to keep your distance.
- On water and land, keep your 1.5m distance.
- While assisting with kayaks – always have the same person help on the same end of the same kayak when loading, unloading, portaging, launching and landing.
- Take your own snacks and water, and don’t share. Don’t touch other's gear at all.
- Of course, take all your regular kayaking gear, follow your normal safety procedures, and let someone know where you’re going – a float plan is a great idea.
Doing an overnighter?
Unless it’s someone lovely that you share your bed with anyway - Solo tenting, keep your distance in camp, no shared cooking equipment, spread out for eating, follow careful hygiene procedures, (but don’t let that be an excuse to pollute the waterways with soaps – do that away from the water, as you always would)
Sounds good, but you don’t have a kayak? We’d love to help – you can read about our business COVID safety measures here. We supply hire kayaks, which we can deliver to the waterfront to you, and run guided kayak tours – all keeping within government health guidelines. Give us a ring if we can help, or answer any questions – happy to chat. 04211 676 45
Keep safe and look out for each other.