Berri Kayaking Group | 26.10.21 | Piggy Creek
This week will be our last paddle in the Eckert/Sawmill/Splash area this year.
It may not be for everyone, as we will need some assistance with unloading and loading kayaks and launching/landing (from the trailer to the water is only 6m, but kayaks will need to be carried across a road, a guard rail and launched off of stones). Launching/landing will be one kayak at a time.
We will be paddling in Piggy Creek – meeting at the Piggy Creek regulator at 5.25pm.
Driving there will be the same as last week except for stopping 2kms earlier.
If you’re happy to take other paddlers there in your car please let us know by text and we’ll forward
to you the name and phone number of a person/s looking for a lift.
PLEASE CAREFULLY FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS – JUST USING GOOGLE WILL PROBABLY LEAD YOU IN
THE WRONG DIRECTION TO A CLOSED ROAD.
Allow at least 25 minutes to drive there from Berri.
Directions to launch point (following “Murray River National Park Katarapko Creek” signs most of the
· Take Winkie Road (NOT Lower Winkie Road) till the left turn-off to Plush Road (at a “Murray
River National Park Katarapko Creek” sign)
· Follow Plush Road to the T junction with Katarapko Crescent (at a “Murray River National
Park Katarapko Creek” sign)
· Left into Katarapko Crescent and follow to the Katarapko entrance (at a “Murray River
National Park Katarapko Creek” sign)
· Follow the main Katarapko track for approx. 5kms
· Turn left at the “Campsites 35-1” sign and follow for approx. 4kms to Piggy Creek.
It may be best to park in or near the day use area (sign opposite the Piggy Creek sign) and walk the last 200m to the launch point.